Friday, November 09, 2007

Going to PA today... Happy Veteran's Day!!

Technorati Tags: ,,

Charlie's latest deployment has been delayed and Brett has early dismissal today, so we decided to head up to PA for a short weekend visit.  I was hoping that it would still be snowing, but looks like rain.  I did go to Target and get Brett some new boots and snow pants, just in case.

This is a neat time of year to go home, because all the local VFW chapters will be doing their Veteran's Day dinners and dances and celebrations. 

Charlie and I both received notes from students in Mrs. Donahue's class in Seagertown Elementary School thanking us for our service is the US Navy.   I guess we are veteran's.  So, that was pretty cool.

Check out this black acorn that Brett found, I've never seen one that color, it was really cool.  We

IMG_2821

also saw a ton of acorns that were sprouting, that is another first for me to actually see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...