Sunday, March 20, 2005

Garden Prep


We hit a small boulder right about here. I dug it out for Charlie. I might wash it off and put it in the flower bed in front of the house, that is if I can pursuade Charlie in moving it up there for me.
We are going to grow corn, tomoatoes, squash, green beans, peppers, lettuce and cucumbers. Brett plans to grow watermelon and cantelope in some patches next to the main garden. Charlie and I drew up a plan on how we should plant everything and we are going to keep a garden log so we can track our progress.
We also got our berry bushes and strawberry plants on Saturday, so we wanted to put them in the ground today, but it is raining. I have an awful sore throat, so I don't want to be out in the rain. We may have to do that later in the week, unless Charlie wants to tackle the job alone.
Charlie and I took a break yesterday and just laid back on the grass, the sun felt soooooo nice on our faces and I'm just so thankful for everything that we have right now. I couldn't ask for anything more. Except maybe for my family and friends to be here to share it all with me. Well, that and for this darn sore throat to go away.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...